Loading...
06-13-19 Site Development Review Committee MinutesSITE DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE SUMMARY Thursday, June 13, 2019 Lower Level Conference Room 201 First Avenue East ATTENDING: Jarod Nygren, Senior Planner Rick Parker, Building Plans Examiner Tom Tabler, Senior Civil Engineer P.J. Sorensen, Chairman Kathy Nelson, Recording Secretary GUESTS: Wade Rademacher (Meadows Edge); Ryan Mitchell (RPA); Brandon Theis (RPA); and Fran Quirm (CTA) HEAR THE PUBLIC: None. PERFORMANCE BOND REMINDERS: Treeline Center/My Place —They are requesting a reduction in their bond for $20,000 for landscaping. Sorensen received an e-mail back from Fincher and he is okay with this. OLD BUSINESS: Gateway Community Center —1203 Hwy 2 W; parking lot changes. Nothing new for the parking lot. The first two buildings for the Glenwood Apartments came in for ARC but it was tabled. This will be on the agenda for next week. 406 Dentistry — 1315 Hwy 2 W; remodel existing building/change of use from salon to office. Public Works is still reviewing this. The developer is aware of the improvements required on Corporate Drive. This will be on the agenda for next week. CHS Fuel Station — 1355 Rail Park Drive — This went through ARC. They are working on their landscaping. They still need to do the PUD Amendment to meet the required setbacks. Tabler stated there should be a sidewalk within the ROW. Sorensen added that they have received the check for the warehouse building. This will be on the agenda for next week. Ivy Building — 343 1St Ave W. Updated plans came in. Public Works needs to see where their sidewalk will extend to. This will be on the agenda for next week. Base Camp RV Park — 1000 Base Camp Rd; south side of Hwy 93 bypass - subdivision. Nygren spoke with MDT on this. Their pump house building has been moved out of the MDT property area. Public Works will need to look at this change as far as the water main utilities that were previously approved. Parker needs foundation and wall details from them. Nygren stated DEQ infrastructure is a little way out, so it will be a few more weeks as they wait on various approvals. This may go to Council on July 1St. This will be on the agenda for next week. Glacier Bank — 49 Commons Loop; remodel. Near hospital on Commons Loop. They still need to give Public Works a submittal on the wells. Tabler has spoken with their engineer, and they are working on their storm drainage. He will need to do some well verifications on this. Parker has sent comments to Jackola but has not received a reply yet. This will be on the agenda for next week. NEW BUSINESS: Super I/Tesla — 55 1St Ave EN; parking lot charging stations. The location of the charging stations was discussed earlier this spring. We were not happy with the initial location and we had discussed a different location. They will be adding new curbing in the equipment area. This keeps it out of the buffer area. This project is passed through Site Review. PLANNING OFFICE ITEMS: New CUP - A CUP came in for 8 or 9 units for a multi -family project across from the skate park on N Woodland Park Road. Nygren will send out a referral for comments. They will extend the water from the main that is SW of the property across Woodland. They will also add curb and gutter. Parker added that the building will need to be sprinklered. They could do cash in lieu for their recreation requirement. Trails and Sidewalk Plan for the Community — this was discussed at the Work Session Monday night. We proposed a levy or assessment for sidewalks. There didn't seem to be much support for it. The Council suggested we move forward with the plan, do a lot of public outreach, and then see where it goes. Nygren will be doing that through the summer for the pedestrian and bicycle plan. Tabler thinks Council will be surprised at the public support. Rose Crossing — We will be having a pre -application meeting next week for the 55 acres at Stillwater Bend at Rose Crossing and Hwy 93, but on the west side across from the Ford dealership. This is the same developer that is doing Eagle Valley Ranch. They already have a grocery store lined up for this project. They are looking at coming in for a PUD on that site. Right now it is in the City and it is zoned, but there is no plan for the site. OTHER REPORTS: FVCC — Proposed college center, preliminary comments. Theis presented their proposal, located SE of the Arts and Technology building, on the eastern existing parking lot. Their utilities and a fire access road will be discussed. They will have a 20 -foot wide access road, with their 8" water line and then loop it around the building. They will also bring in an 8" sewer main along that road to serve the building that will tie into the existing lift station that was built with Arts & Technology. 2 They will also have three new fire hydrants to serve the building. The storm drainage will be both collecting the storm water that comes off the parking lot right now, and are planning on piping it down to an existing hydrodynamic separator that is down by the lift station area. Any roof runoff that comes off the building will be taken down to that access road, and just direct discharge down to the pond. They would like to keep the road gravel, with a gate that will only be open during larger events. Sorensen stated that the City will require the gravel road to be paved with asphalt. Mitchell discussed the Traffic Impact Study. There will be a long turning lane on Grandview and some signal improvements. They will be adding some ADA stalls and other stalls to have an additional 10 spaces for the total parking requirement of 150 spaces. Sidewalk connectivity will take place. They will relocate the pedestrian path from the parking lot to the tennis courts. Quirm suggested they use a break -away gate. Tabler will look into the storm treatment for a temporary use surface. Mitchell stated there will be no improvements to the Lift Station at this time, so this will become a private Lift Station as upgrades are needed but not for now. Quirm will meet with everyone for planning height issues. They will contact Dedman about the road. Meadows Edge —Request for a PUD Amendment to allow an encroachment of a covered patio into the front setback on Lot 26 (968 N Camas). The covered patio would extend several feet into the 15 - foot setback. There would be no traffic vision obstructions. The committee determined this is a minor amendment, and it is approved through Site Review. They would also like to discuss parking pads next to the garages along the alley. Their residents will be required to put up a privacy fence if they have a parking pad. This would be two feet away from the property line. Rademacher will bring in a letter for this item to be reviewed next week. The meeting was adjourned at 11:05 a.m. cc: Police City Manager Fairgrounds MDOT Bldg. Fire City Clerk City Airport Planning Parks Comm. Dev. Public Works